A1 Engineering Solutions Ltd is a nationwide refrigeration, HVAC and building services business committed to providing the very best customer service to our ever growing retail customer base. We are a growing supplier of products and services to the food retail and food manufacturing sectors. We also have a manufacturing facility in Leeds building natural refrigerant solutions. To support this continued growth A1 is actively looking to recruit for the following positions.
A1 offer an excellent package, a competitive salary and exciting career opportunities; if you would like to talk to us about future employment with A1 please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Managers x 2
A1 is looking to recruit two Service Managers who will report directly to the Head of Service & Maintenance. Each Service Manager will have direct responsibility for the effective and efficient running of the field service team, striving to reduce costs and increase profitability and provide technical support to the business where required. Management and retail refrigeration experience is essential.
Service Manager South – this role covers Lancashire, North Wales, the Midlands and parts of Lincolnshire.
Service Manager North – this role covers the North East, Yorkshire, parts of Lincolnshire. The role will also provide support for our partners in Scotland.
Salary: Between £50,000 – 60,000, based on experience.
The closing date for applications is 21st December, 2018.
Your duties will include but not be limited to the responsibilities listed and described here:
- Day to day management of the field-based service engineering team including sub-contractors
- Full responsibility and accountability for monitoring customer reporting systems and taking hour by hour steps to ensure we are the best supplier to our clients – making sure our system generated KPI’s are industry leading (i.e. continual job by job monitoring and managing jobs through Verisae).
- A keen understanding of all customer reporting systems, namely Verisae. To be able to demonstrate excellent system navigation skills.
- Liaison with engineering contacts within our key customers on site specific issues.
- Work with Head of Service & Maintenance and Account Manager to ensure A1 deliver a first-class service.
- To work on the ‘duty manager’ rota, to ensure a high standard of service delivery – KPI’s are maintained out of hours.
- Liaison with the A1 projects department representatives to ensure smooth handover of projects to service
- Liaison with the A1 design team for specific service and maintenance engineering problems / challenges
- Support and assistance for projects department wherever possible whilst maintaining service department KPI’s
- Speedy & concise reporting – internal and external
- H&S responsibility all reports – reporting any incident or accident and making recommendations for positive change. A monthly H&S report will be expected by the board.
- Planning and delivery of annual Service & Maintenance stock take for given region – normally this will take place in March however this may be planned at different times of the year
- Staff development & personal development planning for engineering staff – ensure training records are maintained.
- Liaise with help desk to ensure engineer availability each morning and as required.
- Data gathering for the purpose of tendering for new service work
- Supporting the Head of Service & Maintenance with the disciplinary management of the field based engineering staff
- Provide support to the help desk as and when required.
- Attend customer and internal service meeting as the business requires.
- Carry out site audits providing engineers with a ‘to-do list’ within 5 days if non-urgent, or 24 hours if urgent via Site Audit Pro on a monthly basis.
- Reduce service engineers’ on-site time to facilitate increased call activity and engineer productivity.
- Drive number of calls completed per day to an average above 3 per day (based on 8.5 hour working day).
- Drive first time fix rate above 90%.
- Drive average time to fix down, targeting less than 24 hours.
- Provide a league table to Head of Service & Maintenance highlighting engineer performance utilising available company tools.
- Support engineers with 2nd tier technical advice / on-site support.
- Carry out field engineer’s audits ensuring the following: (each engineer to be visited bi-monthly)
- engineers are working to high standards
- engineers are H&S compliant
- engineers have the correct and sufficient van stock
- quarterly van audits ensuring vehicle in a satisfactory condition promoting A1 in a professional manner
- Ensure engineers update the Admin Staff with sufficient information.
- Correct levels of resource are available to support the business needs.
- Establish training requirements and complete induction for new recruits.
- Carry out probation reviews to new recruits.
- Complete all necessary internal tasks and relevant paperwork to maintain ISO compliance.
- To interview and recruit, Supervisors and Engineers with Head of Service & Maintenance.
- Support business development opportunities, carrying out site surveys & quotations as required.
Experienced Refrigeration Service Engineers
A1 is actively looking to recruit experienced refrigeration service engineers in the MANCHESTER and NORTH WEST regions to work with our growing team. Our customers include Aldi, Morrisons and Waitrose.
About the Company
A1 Engineering Solutions Ltd is a growing supplier of products and services to the food retail and food manufacturing sectors. With over 33 years’ experience in industry, the business has built a strong brand and is seen as one of the leading contractors in this space. After four years of significant & continuous growth in our projects department we are seeking to recruit additional skilled Refrigeration Service Engineers.
Candidate should ideally have C&G 2078/2 or equivalent, FGas, Co2, Hydrocarbon, Brazing & CSCS skills card and have acquired, through experience, the relevant knowledge in HFC and Natural Refrigerant Solutions.
The candidate should have experience in mobile refrigeration and air-conditioning. Additional Training will be given.
Would be expected to work on his own and part of a team, A1 Engineering Solutions Ltd have a very strong team working ethic. Must have a full driving licence.
A1 offer an excellent package, industry leading rates of pay for skilled candidates and exciting career opportunities; if you would like to talk to us about future employment with A1 please send your CV to email@example.com
A1 Engineering Solutions Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.