As the Coronavirus situation continues to escalate, I would like to update our Customers, Suppliers and Employees on the current situation from an A1 Engineering Solutions perspective.
We are continuing to follow the government guidance and are working with our customers to focus our efforts on essential projects to ensure that we are supporting the efforts to feed the nation. Our core business functions are operating as follows:
Service and Maintenance
- Our Contract Support staff are all working remotely, and call capacity remains unchanged.
- We have classified our Service and Maintenance Engineers as ‘Critical Workers’ and they continue to work as normal and we’re prioritising calls accordingly.
- We have a robust supply chain, which is supporting us in our efforts to maintain equipment by ensuring availability of parts.
- Our Project Commissioning team is also supporting our Service and Maintenance efforts, reducing potential downtime and troubleshooting as required.
- We have a fantastic group of sub-contractors, who continue to support us stoically.
Installation and Projects
- Our Design Engineers, Project Managers and Support staff are all working from home.
- We are working with our customers to prioritise installation projects, focussing on getting stores that are closed or ‘mid-refit’ trading again to help to support local communities in their time of need.
- We are limiting ‘on-site’ works to those which are ‘absolutely necessary’ to help our country get through this unprecedented period.
Our key priorities are to ensure the safety of all Customers, Suppliers and Employees, adhering to government guidance in the process. We are doing everything within our power to mitigate any risk to the business and are conversing with our bank, employees, landlords, suppliers and customers as we look to navigate through these unchartered waters. We are confident that we have the necessary processes and measures in place to get through this period of uncertainty.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your support to date and assure you of our commitment to get through this together. I will continue to update you as the situation evolves and government guidance changes; and welcome you to contact me directly with any concerns that you may have.